Wednesday 16 November 2011

Nuggets of Wisdom: Game Development in a Bubble

An argument for why the industry needs to encourage fresh perspectives on the games we make:
I'm just saying my misunderstanding of the games industry, as a non-gamer, coming in making games -- I was taking the subject matter and the content in the cutscenes seriously. I was honestly looking for the stories that are on the back of the box, or the media, the propaganda, that they put out about the game. 
I was thinking, "Oh, all this content is in there somewhere, and I just have to find it and I'm missing it," whatever. When in actuality, no, they really want to make another fucking first-person shooter. That's amazing to me. Still, to this day, I'm amazed by that. 
Auriea Harvey (Tale Of Tales)
Full interview with Auriea Harvey and MichaĆ«l Samyn can be found on Gamasutra.

No comments: